Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rack Installation

Matt is a rack nut.  If you've ever seen his Scion, you have a small idea of what he is capable of.  He decided Steph's Jeep needed some "accessories."  With some help from a friend, he racked out Steph's Jeep last weekend.  Check out the process and the aftermath....


Steph's Jeep - First time we've had it "topless"


Yakima's Skull end caps.  When I pulled these out the the box, Steph asked, "Who's car are those going on?"  "Yours," I quickly replied.

Measure twice...

...drill once!

Toby - always willing to help out.  He's our Rack-Dawg!

He's also our Quality Inspector!

Finished product - (Yeah, we bought it used!)

Matt testing his handiwork


Finished product - Doubledown 5 on the hitch, Thule's M.O.A.B. (Mother of all Baskets) on top, carrying a Hi-lift 60" jack


Front view

6 comments:

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

Fun pictures & two new posts! Yeah!

Charlo said...

So many things I don't understand, like "why cant I see the scull in the finished product" and "How do the bikes attach" and "how did you get toby to Hold the top up in photo #6?"I will not hide my ignorance.

Matt said...

The skulls aren't too big, you wouldn't be able to see them unless you were up close. The bikes attach at the back of the Jeep. Two arms come up on the bike rack. Toby is amazingly strong. Also, we had the roof on the floor to make the install easier! Hope this clears up some questions!

Matt

Cerise "Mama" Outhier said...

Charlo: I never realized you had such an inquiring mind :)

Erin said...

Wow Matt I can't believe you know how to put on a rack. That is so cool. You should come do our car. lol (we drive a '97 corolla)I am also glad Toby is so helpful!

We love the pics--esp the pics of the desert. Thanks for sharing.

Matt said...

Hey Erin!

Thanks for the comment! I would be happy to come install a rack on your car! It might be a little far to drive, though!

Matt